I am not very good at tutorials but I can't resist sharing how to make these ribbon flowers.
You will need, approx 12 inch piece of broad ribbon (min 3/4th to1 inch broad), the broader the ribbon the bigger the flower, needle, thread, some embroidery floss, large button for flower center.
1. Do running stitch in a zigzag pattern along the length of the ribbon, it doesn't have to very accurate.
3. Without cutting off the thread at the end gently start pulling the thread and bunching up the ribbon.
4. This is how the bundled up ribbon looks (I didn't cut my ribbon flower from the ribbon roll till the end).
5. Stitch the two ends together with the same thread. Don't worry if it doesn't look too neat(mine doesn't :P), it'll anyway be hidden below the button. Fasten off the thread and cut off any loose ends
6. Stitch a button on top with some embroidery floss and your ribbon flower is ready