I have been using these layered flowers a lot lately, these are extremely easy to make.
To make something like this you will need:
- 3 die-cut/punched/hand-cut white scalloped flowers using heavy weight cardstock. They should be of 3 different sizes.
- Red ink (any kind is ok).
- Ink Dauber/make-up sponge.
- Any script/word background stamp (I have used Hero Arts Friend Definition stamp).
- Black archival dye ink.
- Perfect pearls (I've used bronze perfect pearls).
- Mini Mister.
- 3 half cut pearls for the flower center (buttons will also do).
1. Take the flowers and distressed them using an ink dauber/make-up sponge with red pigment ink. This is how they look after distressing. It doesn't have to be perfect as you can see I haven't done a very good job :P. Distress on both sides of the flowers as we are going to curl up the petals so the other side will also be partially visible.
2. Stamp with your background stamp using black archival ink on one side of all the flowers. Let it dry or heat set it with a heat gun.
3. Generously spray perfect pearls mixed with water on the flowers. Let it dry or heat set it with a heat gun.
4. After they are completely dry curl the petals inwards. I've used the end of a paint brush.
5. Now place the medium sized flower inside the biggest one such that the center of the petals of the smaller flower lie between 2 petals of the larger flower. Repeat this for the smallest flower.
6. Staple the layered flower together. Spray some more perfect pearls if you want some more glitter. Adhere 3 half cut pearls to the center making sure that the staple is hidden under them....and your flower is ready.