I’ve got multiple requests to post a tutorial on how to make this envelope like fold-note with accordion insert. It is quite easy to make.
You will require:
- One 11x11 inch sheet of patterned paper for the envelope.
- One 5x11 inch sheet of plain paper for the accordion insert.
- Glue stick.
- Embellishments/stamps to decorate the cover and insert.
Steps:1. Fold the 11x11 inch patterned paper in half along the diagonal and crease with a bone folder. I have used 11x11 inch hand-made paper, if you use patterned paper place the patterned side of the paper facing down while folding.
2. Measuring from the left, make pencil marks at 5.5 inch and 10 inch. Fold the right point over to the left pencil mark and crease heavily, then unfold. Now fold the left point over to the right mark, crease heavily and unfold. Erase your pencil marks.
5. Fold the remaining top point of the fold-note down to the bottom center of your fold-note and crease heavily. Now lift the top flap and stick the point into the diamond pocket.
6. To create the accordion insert to write/print your message lay your 5x11 inch plain paper in the center rectangle of the triangle and begin accordion pleating. No measuring is necessary - the sections of your accordion letter can be different sizes as long as it all fits inside the fold-note. The first fold is the biggest followed by progressively smaller folds. Stick the biggest fold onto the inside of the fold-note.